Monday – Friday: 8 am – 12 pm and 1.30 pm – 4 pm
- changes of address for Luxembourg nationals and foreigners (arrivals and departures abroad)
- changes of address in third countries (declarations of arrival)
- family member residence permits and registration certificates for European nationals
- application and renewal of Luxembourg passports
- application for and renewal of identity cards,
- residence certificate, extended residence certificate, life certificate
- parental authorisations, legalisations, certified copies
- Chèques Services
- registration (establishment and renewal of contracts)
- HEIN waste collection centre access card
- electoral lists
- Declaration of birth and death;
- full copies of civil status records
- Transcription of civil status records
- Marriage (preparation of marriage files)
- Declaration of partnership (PACS)
- Indigénat (Luxembourg nationality)
- keeping of civil status registers
In order to get married in Luxembourg, it is necessary to take a number of steps beforehand (which may vary depending on the nationality of the future spouses) and to gather all the documents required to constitute the marriage file.
A religious marriage can only take place after the civil marriage. Therefore, religious marriage alone, i.e. without having been preceded by a civil marriage, is strictly prohibited.
Since certain formalities must be fulfilled, the bride and groom are requested to appear together before the civil registrar in order to find out which documents are required to open their marriage file.
For organisational reasons, no wedding date can be set or booked until the complete marriage file has been submitted.
Once the complete file has been submitted, the Registrar will proceed with the publication of the banns and the marriage can take place from the 11th day after publication.
The marriage file will remain valid for 1 year after the publication of the banns; the wedding date can then be set within this period.
The civil marriage can be celebrated either on a TUESDAY, THURSDAY or FRIDAY from 6 p.m. onwards. Saturdays at 11am or 4pm.
Any other request for a date or time of marriage is subject to the availability of the Mayor or the delegated alderman.
For information only, the preparation of the civil marriage should begin at the latest :
- 2 months before the wedding date for residents of Luxembourg nationality ;
- 3 months before the date of the wedding for non Luxembourg residents.
The marriage can only be celebrated in the commune (of your choice) where one of the future spouses is legally resident.